Δευτέρα 11 Μαΐου 2015

Η Κατερίνα Νικολαΐδου Rising Star για τον μήνα Μάιο στο site της FISA

Rising Star – May 2015


Greece’s Aikaterini Nikolaidou is not yet 23 years old, but her medal collection is already impressive. Last year was a medal-winning year for her. Nikolaidou won a gold medal in the lightweight women's single sculls at the European Rowing Championships and two silver medals at the World Rowing Under 23 Championships and senior World Rowing Championships, also in the lightweight single.
This remarkable 2014 record has brought Nikolaidou to our attention and World Rowing is honoured to be featuring the Greek sensation as a Rising Star in the world of rowing. Read on to learn a bit more about this promising athlete.

I row because… I just love it!

What I like most about rowing is… the feeling of freedom and speed above the water as you are on a beautiful lake.

What motivates me most is… to make my boat run as fast as possible.

The rowing crew I am most a fan of at the moment is… the Sinkovic brothers.

My favourite rowing venue is… the World Cup venues or the Rotsee lake in Lucerne.

When I am not rowing, I… try to spend my time with best friends, cook for them or go for a walk with my dog.

If I was an animal, I would be… of course a dog. The only thing I am not sure of is whether I would be a Labrador or German Shepherd.

My favourite music is… the sound of the finish when I finish first.

My non-rowing friends think… that I train also at night.

My favourite moment in 2014 was… the gold medal at the European Rowing Championships. It was the first time that my family managed to support me at an international competition and I fortunately made them happy.

In 2015 I hope to… qualify for the Olympic Games in Rio.


In ten years’ time... I will have many more photos and memories from rowing venues and competitions in my room. But I hope to also have one Olympic medal next to them.  
Πηγή: www.worldrowing.com

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: